Re: welcome!

Skylar Covich

Mark, we did end up getting a fourth delegate! I'm afraid that there
are still a lot of announcements made on Facebook first. There are now
85 voting members throughout the state, which means people who have
donated to the party within the past year, but there are hundreds more
mailing list subscribers. There are 5 candidates for delegate, meaning
that only one person will actually lose, which is slightly awkward in
its own way.
You were given a list of mailing list subscribers for your area, which
was not the entire Bay Area if I recall.
Desmond is maintaining a statewide list, so perhaps if you email him
directly at chair@ca.solidarity-party.org he could get you an updated
one. As with Sacramento, there have been efforts to get a meeting in
the East Bay but they kept falling through. We definitely have a good
LA group.
Skylar

On 5/14/20, Mark Ruzon <ruzon@cs.stanford.edu> wrote:
I'm in Mountain View in the Bay Area.

I'm also curious about our membership. Two years ago I received a list of
13 Bay Area members (though that included Esther in Davis) while organizing
signature gathering for Desmond's gubernatorial campaign. Amar teased us by
saying we could get a 4th California delegate if we could sign up a few more
people. Anybody know how big we are these days? It's hard to plan for the
future when the present is not well understood.

Mark

--
Skylar J. Covich, Ph.D., Political Science

Join ASPCalifornia@ASP.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.