Topics

Grow the ASP in California in 2021

Mark Ruzon

Dear Fellow California ASP Member:

Despite the tragedy of the COVID-19 pandemic, 2020 was a very good year for our party. We earned over 42,000 votes for Brian Carroll's and Amar Patel's presidential campaign, 7 times as many votes as the ASP received in 2016. We received 2,605 votes in California, less than many other states but more than all other California write-in candidates combined. We saw strong membership growth and increased financial contributions. We thank all of you who voted for life, justice, peace, and the environment, and we thank those of you who have made contributions to the party.

California has one of the largest member rolls already, earning us our own state delegation to the annual National Convention. In 2021, we want to grow further, by a little over 20%. This was easy to do in 2020 with the excitement of the elections. The year after is always harder, and that's where you come in. The New York Times reported this week that 30,000 California voters de-registered from the Republican Party. Is someone you know among them? They probably haven't told you, so now is the time to ask your family and friends if they will support a party that is pro-life for the whole life, that promotes an increased distribution of ownership in our economy, that stands for a health care system that uses its resources wisely, and that advocates for a political system that empowers Americans and gives them real choices instead of a duopoly of Democrats and Republicans.

As your leaders in California, we on the State Committee want to empower you to act for the good of our party. Are you afraid to talk about politics in your social network? We can help. Do you have ideas that could propel us forward with a little organization? That's what we're here for. The nine of us can't do it alone.

Help us reach our 20% goal. Every disaffected voter whose mind changes and signs up on our national website is a win for the party.

In solidarity,

Mark Ruzon, Vice Chair

Leslie Shaw Klinger

Yes!  Will do!