What part of California are you from?

Esther Nickell

Davis - by Sacramento. I don't know whether the demographic of the party has shifted it all but last time I checked a lot of folks were down in Southern California? Or at least closer to the Bay.

On Thu, May 14, 2020, 8:57 AM Leslie Shaw Klinger via groups.io <LSK49rs=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
What part of California are you from?

Leslie Shaw Klinger

Yes...I am in Modesto so I am closer to you.  I just sent a message to my brother who is trying to jump start his political sign business to see if he could make me a yard sign that proclaims my intent to vote Carroll and Patel.

-----Original Message-----
From: Esther Nickell <nickell.esther@...>
To: ASPCalifornia@aspleaders.groups.io
Sent: Thu, May 14, 2020 9:03 am
Subject: Re: [ASPCalifornia] welcome!

Davis - by Sacramento. I don't know whether the demographic of the party has shifted it all but last time I checked a lot of folks were down in Southern California? Or at least closer to the Bay.

On Thu, May 14, 2020, 8:57 AM Leslie Shaw Klinger via groups.io <LSK49rs=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
What part of California are you from?

Skylar Covich

there are over a dozen other Sacramento area people but they tend to
be less active, and after a few attempts over the years, a meeting has
never been planned.

--
Skylar J. Covich, Ph.D., Political Science

Skylar Covich

I'm in Ventura.

wrote:
[...]

this is good to know, Skylar.  Hey, I think we should look at yard signs.

there are over a dozen other Sacramento area people but they tend to
be less active, and after a few attempts over the years, a meeting has
never been planned.

On 5/14/20, Leslie Shaw Klinger via groups.io <LSK49rs=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
> Yes...I am in Modesto so I am closer to you.  I just sent a message to my
> brother who is trying to jump start his political sign business to see if he
> could make me a yard sign that proclaims my intent to vote Carroll and
> Patel.

Yes, thanks for your efforts on yard signs! Very important.
Unfortunately with our upstairs apartment, although we'll get a sign,
not many will see it.

On 5/14/20, Leslie Shaw Klinger via groups.io <LSK49rs=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
this is good to know, Skylar. Hey, I think we should look at yard signs.

Yes, thanks for your efforts on yard signs! Very important.
Unfortunately with our upstairs apartment, although we'll get a sign,
not many will see it.

On 5/14/20, Leslie Shaw Klinger via groups.io <LSK49rs=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
> this is good to know, Skylar.  Hey, I think we should look at yard signs.

Mark Ruzon

I'm in Mountain View in the Bay Area.

I'm also curious about our membership.  Two years ago I received a list of 13 Bay Area members (though that included Esther in Davis) while organizing signature gathering for Desmond's gubernatorial campaign.  Amar teased us by saying we could get a 4th California delegate if we could sign up a few more people.  Anybody know how big we are these days?  It's hard to plan for the future when the present is not well understood.

Mark

Leslie Shaw Klinger

I don’t have any numbers

Leslie Shaw Klinger OP

On May 14, 2020, at 1:38 PM, Mark Ruzon <ruzon@...> wrote:

I'm in Mountain View in the Bay Area.

I'm also curious about our membership.  Two years ago I received a list of 13 Bay Area members (though that included Esther in Davis) while organizing signature gathering for Desmond's gubernatorial campaign.  Amar teased us by saying we could get a 4th California delegate if we could sign up a few more people.  Anybody know how big we are these days?  It's hard to plan for the future when the present is not well understood.

Mark

Skylar Covich

Mark, we did end up getting a fourth delegate! I'm afraid that there
are still a lot of announcements made on Facebook first. There are now
85 voting members throughout the state, which means people who have
donated to the party within the past year, but there are hundreds more
mailing list subscribers. There are 5 candidates for delegate, meaning
that only one person will actually lose, which is slightly awkward in
its own way.
You were given a list of mailing list subscribers for your area, which
was not the entire Bay Area if I recall.
Desmond is maintaining a statewide list, so perhaps if you email him
directly at chair@ca.solidarity-party.org he could get you an updated
one. As with Sacramento, there have been efforts to get a meeting in
the East Bay but they kept falling through. We definitely have a good
LA group.
Skylar

On 5/14/20, Mark Ruzon <ruzon@cs.stanford.edu> wrote:
I'm in Mountain View in the Bay Area.

I'm also curious about our membership. Two years ago I received a list of
13 Bay Area members (though that included Esther in Davis) while organizing
signature gathering for Desmond's gubernatorial campaign. Amar teased us by
saying we could get a 4th California delegate if we could sign up a few more
people. Anybody know how big we are these days? It's hard to plan for the
future when the present is not well understood.

Mark

--
Skylar J. Covich, Ph.D., Political Science

Mark Ruzon

Thanks, Skyler, that's helpful.  Yes, it was actually the list for Santa Clara County.  Esther must have moved to Davis since then.

I wonder if a meeting would work better virtually than in real life given the current situation.

Mark

Esther Nickell

Yes I used to be in Sunnyvale. Davis is where I'm originally from, though, and we decided to move back! Virtual meetings are definitely better for me in general.

On Thu, May 14, 2020, 3:09 PM Mark Ruzon <ruzon@...> wrote:
Thanks, Skyler, that's helpful.  Yes, it was actually the list for Santa Clara County.  Esther must have moved to Davis since then.

I wonder if a meeting would work better virtually than in real life given the current situation.

Mark

Skylar Covich

I was just saying in a different group that people may be more open to
virtual meetings now that most are used to them and the technology for
larger groups have improved.

On Thu, May 14, 2020, 3:09 PM Mark Ruzon <ruzon@cs.stanford.edu> wrote:

Thanks, Skyler, that's helpful. Yes, it was actually the list for Santa
Clara County. Esther must have moved to Davis since then.

I wonder if a meeting would work better virtually than in real life given
the current situation.

Mark

--
Skylar J. Covich, Ph.D., Political Science

Leslie Shaw Klinger

I am so proud of me! I actually did the ‘share screen’ zoom thing last night and it went off without a hitch!

So.. I am going to upgrade my little baby 🖥 MacBook Pro this weekend to something fresher and more powerful since there is a good chance my kids will be doing distance learning this fall.

And that means I will be better equipped for Zoom meetings or even those rooms on Facebook being advertised.

Leslie Shaw Klinger OP

On May 14, 2020, at 8:38 PM, Skylar Covich <covich7@gmail.com> wrote:

I was just saying in a different group that people may be more open to
virtual meetings now that most are used to them and the technology for
larger groups have improved.

On 5/14/20, Esther Nickell <nickell.esther@gmail.com> wrote:
Yes I used to be in Sunnyvale. Davis is where I'm originally from, though,
and we decided to move back! Virtual meetings are definitely better for me
in general.

On Thu, May 14, 2020, 3:09 PM Mark Ruzon <ruzon@cs.stanford.edu> wrote:

Thanks, Skyler, that's helpful. Yes, it was actually the list for Santa
Clara County. Esther must have moved to Davis since then.

I wonder if a meeting would work better virtually than in real life given
the current situation.

Mark

--
Skylar J. Covich, Ph.D., Political Science

Joyce Fan Rice

I could do a Zoom meeting if we actually get one started.  I think once a month (or less) would be a good frequency.  I live in San Francisco.

ckdaw@...

I'm in Simi! And most of my extended family is ASP inclined Independents; they're in SFV.

ckdaw@...

We would definitely like yard signs here...we are in a city of about 130K people right outside LA; typically conservative but very social justice minded. We belong to a large parish and I would like to promote ASP after mass sometime.

Leslie Shaw Klinger

welcome!!!

I'm in Simi! And most of my extended family is ASP inclined Independents; they're in SFV.

Leslie Shaw Klinger

We need to figure out how we can afford them.  That is always the toughest part....